Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ciel

Spin me around
Fly in a wind of film
Dance in the sky of blue and white.
As a little girl, I would dream and twirl, a life of cushioning clouds crowded my mind.
In the cramped car, with the windows rolled down, my hand swam through the current of sweet, warm air. 
It threaded through my fingers, pushing my hand up, pushing my hand down.  Strands of blond danced around my head, as I struggled to push wisps out of my eyes. 
Strings of guitar, beats of drums, and a husky voice sang out through the small speakers; the tune of days gone and past, a forgotten decade. 
Up above, pink mixed with orange, orange mixed with red, red mixed with purple, purple splashed with yellow. 
Cream, fluffy clouds invaded the canvas.  There I ran and played.  I jumped from cloud to cloud.  I spun and twirled.  I danced in the sky of raspberries and cream.
An angel of the heavens, my passed family haven. My own paradise of the gone and forgotten.
My childhood, I float.  My youth, I stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment